Became known for his watercolor scenery from the countryside close to Oxford; his function was often in comparison to his modern J.M.W. Turner. His 1st exhibition happened in 1807 in the Royal Academy. He was approved in to the Watercolour Culture in 1808. He designed the Georgian Gothic Revival Chapel that changed the parish chapel at Shipton-on-Cherwell in 1831. He and his two more youthful sisters were elevated by their mom after their dad passed away in 1791. He and John Martin added much towards the modern art scene of their own time.