Served as a co-employee justice from the U.S. Supreme Courtroom from 1793 to 1806 and was a signer from the U.S. Constitution. He went to the faculty of NJ or that which was later referred to as Princeton School. His legacy was honored when William Paterson School and the town of Paterson in NJ were both called after him. He transferred to america when he was 2 yrs previous. He was nominated towards the Supreme Courtroom by Leader George Washington.