Among the founders from the Russia Piano College who contributed too much to the Russian design of teaching piano. He was called People’s Artist from the USSR in 1946. He was a pupil on the Moscow Conservatory where he was trained by Sergei Taneyev and Vassily Safonoff. His many recordings produced him a world-famous pianist. His family members transferred to Moscow in 1883 where he began monitoring piano and structure in earnest. He was respected by Sergei Rachmaninoff, whose Second Collection, Op. 17, was focused on him.